Sunday, May 6, 2012

Si cognovistis me (I 14:7)

If you know me, then you will also know my Father.

O my Lord, Jesus Christ! I really want to know you better. However, I still do not have enough time to spend with you. I am looking for you everywhere, but I forget that you are very close to me. You try to remind me that you are with me all the time. Nevertheless, I look around and cannot see you. I do not know why my spiritual eyes are closed. You are indeed present, but I keep asking you to show me yourself. O my dear Friend! You have been with me for such a long time, but I have difficulty to recognize you and your will. How poor I am ! Moreover, many times I have seen you in the holy sacraments, especially on the holy altar of the Eucharist. Nevertheless, I keep asking to show me your face and to speak to me directly. Although every day you speak to me through your Holy Scriptures, my memory is too weak to keep your words in my mind. O how weak I am ! Overall, you dwell in me all the time and I dwell in you. Thank you, my Lord, for your Spirit who gives me life. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment