Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pacem relinquo vobis (I 14:27)

Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give to you.

Again and again you remind us that your peace is always with us. Because it is one of the most important gifts from you, my Lord. Moreover, nobody and nothing is able to give us such peace. In the world it is impossible to find this treasure. On the contrary, our present life gives people a lot of troubles and difficulties and therefore we are afraid. Furthermore, there is another ruler of the world who is followed by many. He is the source of anxiety, but not able to destroy the divine peace. If we listen to this ruler, our peace is lost and love disappears from our hearts. For that reason, we are taught again and again to love God and to keep his commandments to achieve inner peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment