Friday, April 6, 2012

Spiritus Domini Dei super me (Is 61:1)

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me.

O my God! You are always with me. Your Holy Spirit gives me life and sends me to people around me with joy, peace and love. Very often they are brokenhearted, captives and prisoners of their sins, troubles and many other problems. Therefore, first you tear my own fetters and have me teach others that they should let you do the same. Every prisoner is supposed to ask for liberty and recieve the strength from you to become free. As far as we are sinners, we are also unhappy and cannot find gladness. But you do not want us to be captives any more. You remind us that we are your beloved sons and daughters. Furthermore, the main purpose of our lives is to be faithful to your will and finally to become holy as you are holy. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment