Saturday, March 6, 2021

Patientia Necessaria | Perseverance Needed

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." - Hebrews 10:35-36 (NIV)





Faith is confidence. This is a very powerful scripture. We need to have confidence that God will do what He says He will. Sometimes we do what God says and we look around and the people that are doing bad stuff seem a lot happier and content than we are; or the promised blessings don't come immediately. That can be really frustrating, because we often don't have a lot of patience. We want the rewards NOW, and we often think that making any effort at all deserves a standing ovation, because it was hard for us to do. 

For me personally, I love this passage. God is Good. For the past week I felt like God was abandoning me, because I was running into all kinds of problems that have been burdening me. But I decided to pray and let God does His will. In this passage I felt like GOD is speaking directly to me. He wants me to do His will and everything will be added to me. Many things happen and He answers my prayer. Thank you Lord. I love the Lord with all my heart!!!  I will continue to love and trust in HIM. 

Waiting can certainly be frustrating, and sometimes the answer we get from God is a no. Not everyone will get what they want in this life, but if we face our challenges with faith, God will make everything right in the end.

The tough thing to remember is that this life is a test, and we have to pass it. We have to do God's will and then not abandon it immediately if something else looks temporarily more fun. Patience is part of the package. Just like a child, when his parents teach him to read and write and walk and talk. He can't do things exactly like a grown-up immediately. 

Learning takes time, and so do the blessings of God. He is mindful of us always, and He is applauding when we do things that are hard for us. He wants to reward us for even the smallest efforts but He also needs to give us things at the right time, and in the right way. He knows the timing best, we don't.

So today, let's do good, and trust God. He will give us the desires of our hearts, and bless us beyond imagination - if we can be patient and remember who we are for a little while. 


Reflection on Hebrews 10: 35-36 by Sr. Merry CM
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment