Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Dominus Noster | Our Lord

"Learn to know the Lord!" – Hebrews 8: 11 (NJB)

 


Each of us has a personal understanding of salvation that touches our hearts. For many years, salvation didn't have a personal meaning to me, until a couple of years ago. I remember crying like a baby when I was enlightened that Jesus’ death was salvation without endless rituals of atonement. Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant once for all.

What is the "New Covenant" according to the letter to Hebrews? In the old covenant, God wrote his will in the tablets and Bible, while in the new covenant He also wrote it in our heart and mind.  In the new covenant, God claims the ownership of us. We also have an intimate spiritual relationship with God and Jesus as The Mediator in the new covenant. In the new covenant, we are not obliged to have atonement rituals every day, every year through humans - the Leviticus priesthood. But we can confess directly to God and be forgiven because Jesus’ blood was shed for the remission of our sins, once and for all.

God desires intimacy with us. So, today I asked myself: How’s my relationship with God? Do I put God as the top priority? Do I put him in the center of my life? Do I involve God in every plan and decision and let God fulfill His will? Do I trust Him with all my heart?

Today I asked myself. God bless us.

 

Reflection on Hebrews 8:7-13 by Veralin Uneputty.

 

(Listen to the Podcast here )



No comments:

Post a Comment