Friday, March 19, 2021

Pietas | Godliness

“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.”- 1 Timothy 4: 8.

 


Dear brothers and sisters, Christianity is the way of life which is a life lived by faith according to God’s principles in the Bible. It also means keeping the relation with God in anything, anytime and anywhere. That is why Paul said that physical training such as fasting and abstaining from certain food and activities have a little advantage. 

Christianity is also how we exercise our heart, mind, soul and spirit to be like Christ. Some physical training may be useful to make us fitter for prayer, but godliness is true worshiping. It trains our mental and spirit to fear God, have faith in him, and live in holiness and obedience. God gives us the Bible and more than that, Jesus Christ, the word of God, as our role model to live a life in God’s will and please him.

One day, my boss urged me to find a role model. He asked me to choose a successful person as my role model. S/he would provide a vision and a visual proof, for whom I aspired to be. I was young back then. So, I was busy finding my role model. “Is it my Mom, or Mr/s. X, Y, Z?” I asked myself. As time goes by, I realize that Christ should be my role model to fulfil God’s purpose in me. He is a visual and living proof who lived a life according to God’s will and pleased God. It is important for Christians to become like Christ.

Brothers and sisters, please allow me to share one verse for the closing:

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" – Romans 12:2. Amen.

 

 

Reflection on 1 Timothy 4:1-16 by Veralin Uneputty

(Listen to the Podcast here)



No comments:

Post a Comment