Friday, September 23, 2022

Per baptismum | Through baptism

"Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in newness of life." — Rom 6:4 (NASB) 





Long ago I believed in Jesus and decided to walk with Him and to follow Him. But still I experience my sinful nature. I want to do good things. But my mouth speaks words without love and I sometimes I feel I have negative feelings. As a result, I regret what I did and how I behaved. I am like a bad student in God's eyes. It comes to my mind. 

Apostle Paul in the Letter to Romans Chapter 6 Verse 4 says that "we were buried with him through baptism into death" and "Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life".  Our old self was crucified with Jesus and we are no longer slaves to sin. We are freed from sin. We can live new life for Jesus. We just need to offer our whole self to Jesus, then He will be in control. Even though we keep committing sins, Jesus is taking care about it. Because we are united with Jesus, He gives us strength to do good things.

So what we have to do is not looking at our sinful old self, but focus on Jesus always. Everyday we have to realize that we are dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. We should know that Jesus lives in us, and we live in Jesus. If we offer our body to God, God is gonna use us as His instruments. We don't have to worry too much. We just need to ask Jesus and offer ourselves to God, so that God's wisdom and love will overcome our weaknesses.



Reflection on Romans 6:1-14 by Michiko Mikata 
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment