Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Remissae iniquitates | Iniquities forgiven

"Blessed are those whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered..." — Rom 4:7  






Reflecting on the life of Abraham, who is regarded as the father of faith of 3 major monotheistic religions, (including Christianity & Judaism), it gives me great hope. Even though Abraham had faltered in his faith as an ordinary human person, including begetting a son with his wife's maidservant Hagar - in spite of God's Promise of a son by Sarah, lying about Sarah as his sister to the pagan king Abimelech and subsequently to Pharaoh of Egypt in order to gain safe passage through foreign lands, yet God had time and again proven true to His Covenant with Abraham. He preserved their lives and allowed Sarah to bear Isaac in her old age when it seemed humanly impossible, since she was past child-bearing age. 

As Jesus, the Promised Messiah (descended from the Abrahamic lineage through Isaac) many centuries later had declared, "What is impossible for mortals is possible for God." (Luke 18:27), it gives me great hope and example to trust in God's promises of healing and restoration in my life. 

I will close with this beautiful worship song by Chris Tomlin, proclaiming Jesus' Amazing Love.


Amazing Love (How Can It Be)

Verse

I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken

I'm accepted, You were condemned

I'm alive and well, Your spirit is within me

Because You died and rose again

 

Chorus

Amazing Love, how can it be

That You my king would die for me

Amazing Love, I know it's true

It's my joy to honor You,

In all I do, I honor You

 

Bridge

You are my King,

You are my king,

Jesus You are my King,

Jesus You are my King

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Invubu (https://www.invubu.com/music/show/song/Chris-Tomlin/Amazing-Love.html)

Singer: Chris Tomlin

Album: One Day Live, 2000

 **********************************************************************



Reflection on Romans 4:1-12 by Chris Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment