Sunday, March 12, 2023

Deus Lux Mea | God Is My Light

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" — John 8:12 (NIV) 


Photo by Zac Durant on Unsplash



Just after Jesus got off from the boat after arriving to the region of the Gerasenes with his disciples, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. This particular man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain or strength could ever subdue him. When he saw Jesus, he quickly ran and fell on his knees in front of him. And he shouted: “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!” Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” “My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area. (Mark 5:1-10) 

This sort of situation reminds me of how very often, as men and women we’re often bound to our sins. To our demons, and no matter how many earthly chains, restrictions we may put to ourselves, this evil will always come out from us, and keep haunting us, and it is only thanks to the Lord, that we will be able to be free. 

Deus lux mea est, God is my light, and our light. No matter what will come to us, we can always rely on the Lord, and let Him take the wheel, to set us free.



Reflection on Mark 5:1-10 by Cristobal Alvarez 
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment