Saturday, February 26, 2022

Vas Electionis | Chosen Instrument

"'Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.'" — Acts 9:15 (NIV) 






The Word of God for today is simply amazing. No wound is too deep that God cannot heal it, no one is too lost that God cannot find him.

I am altogether amazed, relieved, humbled and truly thankful our God is as merciful and powerful as He is. Truly, He doesn’t only call on the qualified (because who really is?), but he qualifies the called. It gives so much hope to people that - even to someone like me, that God can turn me and myself around should He will it. I stand in awe of His healing love and His capacity to    use anyone He so wished to advance His Kingdom here on earth. 

It is also comforting to know God can use me even if, and despite of being a sinner. What a good God we serve, to see what is possible for me and all others who may have gone astray, through His healing love and restorative power.

If God can use Saul for the purpose of His church, He can certainly do it for us. Keep the faith, friends - God is good, and He heals.


Reflection on Acts 9:10-19 by Blessie Sto Tomas
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment