Monday, January 31, 2022

Oboedire Deo | Obey God

"But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men." — Acts 5:29 (ESV) 

 
 
From the beautiful story written by the apostles in this reflection, I focus on the entire content of the reading, which is the entire story of the arrest, captivity and releasing of Jesus’ disciples. What happened in the story of the apostles was an event that was beyond human's comprehension. This story proves that our God is truly great and all-powerful. For Him nothing is impossible under heaven. In my daily life, I often worry about many things that are related to my work and responsibility.  My conscience often whispers that there’s no need to worry because God is always around.  Well, I am only human, still worried until finally I feel really tired because of the worries that I have created.  Sometimes I laugh at myself because I often feel too confident in dealing with problems without counting Jesus’ presence. I realized then, that by worrying I always set God aside.
 
The result of my worries, of course is the pain and suffering that I myself feel because worries give birth to uncertain psychic anxiety and give birth to new diseases. The story of the apostles about the experience of liberation makes me realize that I am nothing without God's presence. Until now, nothing so great has happened without God's intervention. Even if there was a similar incident, all of its power would have come from God. From the very beginning we were created, we are invited to fully believe in God's providence, to believe blindly, to trust completely like a child in the hands of adults whoever they are. Message from this reflection, if all the past times we often worry, from now on let's leave our worries to God.  May our God give us His peace.


Reflection on Acts 5:17-32 by Sr. Yanti Purnawati SFSC
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment