Saturday, May 22, 2021

Per Orationem | Keep on Praying

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people." —Ephesians 6:18 (NIV) 






The Bible reflection for today is about prayers and as always gives us practical advises for it.

 

Verse 18 – And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. The Bible tells us to pray – always, in all ways and for all people. This passage clearly tells us this. It also tells us to pray in the Spirit – to always ask for the Holy Spirit to guide us in prayer so that we know we are in communion with God.

 

Verse 19-20 – Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly as I should. Here, I believe St. Paul is asking for prayers on his behalf. It speaks to me on the power of prayer intercession for others. It is a reminder for us to always pray for each other, not the least our leaders – in our families, churches, governments, at work.

 

Verse 21-22 – Tychicus, the dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will tell you everything, so that you may also know how I am and what I am doing. I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are and that he may encourage you. This is a reminder to me to check the leaders I follow and whose principles I adhere to. I have to check who commissioned them and if I see God in the way they conduct themselves. And that I should always pray for them – for people in authority and those with influence. It is important to pray for them.

 

Verse 23-24 – Peace be to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible. And finally, remember that if it comes from the Lord, they come in peace, and love with faith. Let that always reminds us for all those speaking in the name of Jesus Christ. And as always, pray for them.

 

So for today – the message I hear is this – Pray, always, in all ways and for everyone. God bless you, my brothers and sisters.



Reflection on Ephesians 6:18-24 by Blessie Sto Tomas
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment