Wednesday, May 12, 2021

In Bonitate | In Kindness

"In his kindness to us in Christ Jesus" - Ephesians 2:7.

 

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

Bad news spreads all around the world. The evil spirit seems to be winning. So many mortal sins, abortion, euthanasia, diseases, etc. We are involved in this reality and even sometimes add our own sins. This situation in the world looks very sad and depressing.

But there is always hope. According to Apostle Paul, our hope is placed in Christ Jesus. For God "shows his kindness to us in him" (2:7). So simple and so powerful. God's kindness and grace can overcome all the darkness in the world and in our hearts. God's love is much stronger than our weaknesses and sins. God wins us through the power of love in his beloved Son - Jesus Christ. He "makes us alive with Christ" (2:5) and always is ready to grant us his mercy. How great is God's love towards the whole world. We are not able to count all his miracles in our life from the moment of birth until now.

How many times I could stand up after falling down thanks to Jesus Christ. I testify that it was not from myself but from the Holy Spirit. Therefore, I cannot boast of my achievements but rather I need to be thankful. All my good deeds and ideas come from the Lord. Only in Christ Jesus, I can do good works which God prepared in advance (2:10).

For that reasons, I am full of trust in the Good News of Jesus Christ. In the love of divine Word, I keep my faith. I am not afraid of facing the difficulties and struggles of this age. Eventually, the truth and kindness of merciful God will win the darkness of sins in the world.

 

Reflection on Ephesians 2:1-10 by Fr. Józef K. Trzebuniak SVD

(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment