Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Ad Terram | Land safely

"...In this way everyone reached land safely." — Acts 27:44 (NIV) 



Reflecting on this beautiful account of how Paul and the ship's entire crew were saved by the power of God through the shipwreck, reminded me of how God's Grace had pulled me out of the shipwreck of my own journeys. My own failed health, an acute right-brain stroke in 2005, and the shipwreck of a failed marriage in 2007. 

It also reminded me of Jesus' Authority over the storm, when the disciples thought they were going to die in a fierce storm. "And he said to them, 'Why are you afraid, you of little faith?' Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a dead calm. They were amazed, saying, 'What sort of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him?'" (Matt 8:26-27).

Through the countless storms that our Almighty God had allowed to blow through my life, I've learned truly Jesus is King above the floods, and has reigned even through the storm-tossed seasons in my life. I thank Jesus for His Presence and Love through the fiercest storms and crises in my life.


I will close my sharing with this beautiful worship "Still" by Hillsong. Amen.

 

Still


Hide me now

Under Your wings

Cover me

Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar

I will soar with You above the storm

Father, You are King over the flood

I will be still, know You are God

Find rest my soul

In Christ alone

Know His power

In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar

I will soar with you above the storm

Father, You are King over the flood

And I will be still, know You are God

You are my God

I will be still, Lord



Source: LyricFind (shortened)

Songwriters: Reuben Morgan

Still lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/z3wwWFsSlNQ



Reflection on Acts 27:13-44 by Chris Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment