Sunday, August 15, 2021

Donavi | Forgive

"The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow"  —2 Cor 2:6-7






 
For today’s verses, I want to zone in the verses about Forgiveness. I have always had problems with forgiving people that has really wronged me. I have always justified my anger and felt that the other person deserves my revenge or even just coldness from me.
 
I am happy that God has convicted me thus far. Forgiveness is a supernatural act, I have to ask the Lord to grant me the grace to forgive. And as always, grace delivers. Aren’t we only too lucky that God is so generous with this gift? And I may be right, sometimes people deserve our ire – but don’t we all make mistakes at certain points? And yet even so, God forgives us every single time. No sin is so bad that God cannot forgive. God is so generous of His Mercy to spare us from punishment we deserve. It is in this realization that if God Himself extends me mercy, if God Himself can forgive me, then who am I not to forgive others? If I, who may not be worthy of such grace, is generously granted forgiveness, I cannot help but just extend the same graciousness to others.  
 
Today, I pray that may we always have the humility to ask for forgiveness for our sins and with the same humility, may we also always ask the grace to forgive others as well. May we never forget how God has forgiven us for our mistakes and shortcomings, and may we always remember to extend the same graciousness to others. It is a divine call, and let it be another opportunity to invite God into our hearts and into out lives that we may be prompted to do what is right, and to do what is gracious. Let the verses for today remind us of forgiveness.



Reflection on 2 Corinthians 2:1-17 by Blessie Sto Tomas 
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment