Friday, July 9, 2021

Corpus Meum | My Body For You

 "This is my body that is for you. Keep doing this in memory of me"  —  1 Cor 11:24. 




Today’s verses remind me of the mass, as it is the very words that are said in the mass. 

It still leaves me in awe how much the Lord could possibly love us that He went to us and saved us. How He was willing to offer Himself - the only true worthy sacrifice for our salvation. How He communes with us, and how He was only too willing to be one with us - in Spirit, in Body and in love. I cannot even begin to imagine how much the Lord truly loves us, and I sit in peace knowing I am loved.

I pray I may always examine my conscience to stay in grace and be worthy of God’s presence. Even so, I am thankful that even in times I fall and I sin, and most especially on these times when I am unworthy, that God’s light will always shine upon me. 

We may not be worthy, but even so, we are always loved.



Reflection on 1 Corinthians 11:23-34 by Blessie Sto Tomas

No comments:

Post a Comment