Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Non Alligatum | Not in Chains

“The word of God is not in chains.” - 2 Tim 2: 9





God the Father chose us to be his adopted sons and daughters in Jesus Christ. It is a great gift and proof of God's love. We know how fragile and weak human nature is. We experience our weaknesses, sins, and falls, etc. Obviously, we'd like to be strong children, prudent, wise, even perfect.

Apostle Paul encourages us to become like soldiers of Christ. It's very interesting as we realize that he was a sinful and weak person too. But after his conversion, Paul was sure that his strength comes from Jesus. He was ready to suffer and accept all the difficulties. His only wish was to be united with Jesus Christ. He was always on "active service" (v.4), "obeyed the rules" (v.5), and "worked hard" (v.6) for the sake of his Master. 

Surely, I am also to follow the example of Apostle Paul. Consequently, I need to be more open and ask the Lord to enable me with grace. I do remember that Jesus was raised from death and now lives in me. He chose me not because I was an extraordinary man or superman. He saw me as a weak and sinful creature who is in need of salvation. Thus, he helped me to overcome my weaknesses. And now I am ready to preach the Good News even so I know how poor I am. 

Thanks to his divine power, through my words and actions, the word of God can be proclaimed all over the world. My only purpose is so many people "may obtain the salvation that comes through Christ Jesus and brings eternal glory" (v.12). Amen.

  

 

Reflection on 2 Timothy 2: 1-12 by Fr. Józef Trzebuniak SVD.

(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment