Monday, April 8, 2024

Quae Placita | Pleasing to him | EN | ES | ID


So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own, but I speak these things as the Father instructed me. And the one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to him." – John 8: 28-29


Photo by Pexels.com

Dear friends in Christ Jesus, we all know that Jesus always did the will of his Father. Jesus obeyed his Father even to the point of death. His ultimate sacrifice on the cross to save the whole world makes it more evident. During the lifetime of Jesus only a few people really knew who he was. The majority of Jews did not believe that he was the Savior. Jesus was not a Savior according to their expectations. Because Jesus did not come to the world to fulfill their expectations but rather to fulfill the will of his Father.

Jesus spoke and did the things according to the instructions given to him by his Father. The Father was always present with him. Jesus makes it very clear that the reason why his Father has not left him alone is because he always tried to do the things that pleases his Father. To please his Father Jesus has paid a huge price.

We can learn for our lives from Jesus that we need to please God and not humans. We need to fulfill God's will and not our will, we need not live our lives according to the expectations of others, we need to make sacrifices to fulfill the will of God. 

Let us imitate our master who has shown us the best. Amen

Reflection on John 8: 12-30 by Fr. George Joseph SVD

(Listen to podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment