Monday, April 1, 2024

Pleases him

“The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." - John 8:29 

Photo by Pexels.com


Today’s passage is really interesting. It starts with the tentative plan of the Pharisees to use Christ to punish a a woman caught in adultery. Jesus reaction was really wise and avoid giving a sentence and said to the Pharisees “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” No one of them did anything and began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. No one of them were sin free and the cover message is “ better think about each own situation than to judge people because often those who give sentence is worst than the person judged.

The other important point is in the passage 11 : “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.” The key word here is FORGIVE and REDEMPTION. All people have an opportunity to have a second chance to live a right and clean life. The most important thing is to avoid keeping dangerous behavior for their own morality, understand where mistakes have been done and strive ourselves to not repeat, 

Next passage is primary for understanding completely the word FAITH. “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” In my opinion faith means to believe in things you are not able to see. Trust in the LORD is basic to live a life following right feelings and not chasing foolish distractions.

The Pharisees tried to discredit Christ by accusing him to be a fake, a liar. The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
But Jesus replied to them than they didn’t know who were him came from and where he was going. The Pharisees tried to challenge Jesus by making him angry in order to have a reaction by him. But Jesus kept on answering that he was sent by his Father. "I am one who testifies about myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

Last remarkable part is at passage 29-30 when Christ says that the LORD is always with him and that he is never alone. These words struck many people that believed in him: “The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him. Even as he spoke, many believed in him.”

Reflection on John 8:1-30 by Ivan

No comments:

Post a Comment