Thursday, April 12, 2012

In fide nominis eius (Act 3:16)

And by faith in his name, this man whom you see and know,
his name has made strong, and the faith that comes through it
has given him this perfect health, in the presence of all of you.

Do I believ in the name of Jesus Christ? Do I have strong faith in its power? This power which is acting now and here and all the time. Does my faith make me strong? 
I still hesitate, feel weak and sick. My weaknesses seem to have power over me. So what is wrong with me? Why can I not trust in him and become perfect as he is? The reason is my ingnorance. I indeed do not realize the deep meaning of my faith. I have received it from my family, community and teachers, but I do ot live this faith. Moreover, I have a problem to let it work in my life and to experience it in all circumstances. Therefore, I need to change my attitude and to come closer to the source of my faith - Jesus the Christ. Only he can grant refreshment to my weary soul and restore all my being. 
Am I ready to open my heart for this divine grace? Do I really want to change my behavior? Shall I listen to him  carefully in all that he may say to me? Am I able to accept with all consequences that I am a child of prophets and of the covenant with God? 
If YES, I can no longer walk my evel ways, but always only the way of my Master, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment