Monday, April 2, 2012

Dominus Deus aperuit mihi aurem (Is 50:5)

Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear.
The Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced;
I have set my face like flind, knowing that I shall not be put to shame.

Every day when I open the Bible I can hear your gentle voice. But still I am not prepared enough for meeting with your word. Always my mind and thoughts are far away from your message. Nevertheless you speak directly to me, again and again I prefer to hear myself. Even if I hear your words, very quickly I forget about them. And I come back to my own uderstanding of the world and of my plans. Therefore, I cry: My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? O Lord, be not far from me; O my help, hasten to aid me (Ps 22).  

No comments:

Post a Comment