Sunday, January 17, 2021

Agnus Dei | Lamb of God

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!—John 1:29 (NLT)



Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,


What if we truly received the words that Samuel heard, what St. Paul said, or what John the Baptist said? What effect would that have as we daily go about our routine tasks?

The Word of God is addressed to us. Are we listening with our hearts? Do we realize all the implications of just a phrase or sentence? Challenges and personal changes are hidden deeply within them.

John explicitly says, “Behold the Lamb of God.” Here is the Messiah, God among us! Is that what I hear in my heart? Am I attentive? I say those words each day before receiving Jesus in Holy Communion. Or am I a slave of routine?

Then the daily invitation: “Come and you will see.” How perceptive am I as I encounter individuals? Christ lives in each person!!! Mystery, but reality!!!

My prayer: May each of us SEE the Lord Jesus in the people we are privileged to meet each day!

Blessings!


Reflection on John 1:29-34 by Sr. Mary Vivette, SND 

No comments:

Post a Comment