Friday, February 16, 2024

Fac Veritatem | Live the Truth

"Whoever live the truth comes to the light" (John 3: 21)

 

Photo Yves Bernardi from Pixabay

 Lent is the special time when we can change ourselves. We can change our routine, behavior, and way of thinking.

From the passage about Nicodemus and Jesus, we learn how difficult it is to change our point of view. Because as Nicodemus we know a lot about life. Sometimes we are teachers or parents who are responsible for others. So we tend to think we don’t need to ask anyone to instruct us. Yet Jesus has always something to tell us. The thing is to accept the new lesson about life and truth. So we need to prepare our minds for this change. We cannot be stubborn and claim we already know what is best for us. We should become humble to listen to Jesus, who often speaks through others. There are such friends of ours who care and love us. That’s why they don’t want us to perish but have a life and live the truth.

Like the mirror, we also need another perspective to look at ourselves. Nicodemus could not see any solution because he focused on himself too much. I can recognize myself in Nicodemus who speaks much and teaches others how to live the truth. For I also studied for many years and I’m a perfectionist. Jesus comes to me in the night and says: “I loved you so much that I gave myself so that you who believe in me might live the truth” (v.21). Jesus sends his apostles into my life who are my parents, close friends, and colleagues.

Thank you, o Lord, for everyone and everything you taught me. Please, help me to change my attitude and way of thinking. I’d like to accept your grace and love which can heal my egoism. Only your light of truth can enlighten my life in the love of the Divine Word.


Reflection on John 3:1-21 by Fr Jozef Trzebuniak.

(Listen to podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment