Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Orans vidi in excessu mentis visionem (Act 11:5)

I was at prayer when in a trance I had a vision.

To be a disciple of Jesus is to spend a lot of time at prayer. However, it is not easy to do so, because there is always something more important than praying. Nonetheless, all the time I need to find special moments to be with God. If I do not, I will not know what I am supposed to do and what to choose. During the prayer my Lord teaches me very carefully what he wants me to accomplish. Therefore, I need to remind myself to come back to prayer, especially when I am confused. In fact, very often during my meditation I do not agree with the message from above. The reason is that I have my own solutions and do not like to change my mind. Thus I must open my heart to let the Holy Spirit fall upon me with his grace. Then my soul will be fulfilled with the running waters of the living God.      

No comments:

Post a Comment