Sunday, January 29, 2012

Posuit super eum manus suas (Deut 34:9)

Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom,
for Moses had laid his hands on him.
I was sitting at home, when suddenly the hand of the Lord Yahweh fell on me there.
Something like a hand was stretched out and it took me by a lock of my hair;
and the spirit lifted me between heaven and earth (Ez 8:1-3).
What is good I will make known to you, man;
this is what the Lord asks of you:
only this, to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with our God (Mic 6:8).
God touches us with his hand every time, but our eyes are closed and our ears do not hear him. However, saint Theresa asks: Do you suppose that, because we cannot hear Him, He is silent? Of course, not. She answers: He speaks clearly to the heart (The Way of Perfection). It is very good information for us. Always his hand is stretched out over us and his spirit lifted us above the earth - above our cares and daily problems. Often we are not able to feel it, but that should not stop us from acting justly, loving tenderly and walking humbly among people with grace of our God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment