Friday, January 27, 2012

Cum enim infirmor tunc potens sum (2 Cor 12:10)

Be strong, stand firm, have no fear of them, no terror, 
for the Lord your God is going with you;
he will not fail you or desert you (Deut 31).
However, I am weak and afraid every day, although I know that he is with me all the time and believe he will never leave me. And often I ask myself: Why? Why is my faith so fragile? What is wrong with me? Then this passage from saint Paul comes to my mind: For when I am weak, then I am strong. How can it be true? Only if I accept that my strength and courage is not from myself, but from my Lord. Only if following prophet Ezekiel I fall upon my face and hear a voice saying to me always: Son of man, stand up! I wish to speak with you. If I am able to listen to that voice, his spirit enters into me and set me on my feet (Ez 2). No longer I am faint-hearted, because his word and spirit support me. He provides everything I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment