Sunday, April 2, 2023

Confidite | Take courage!

"...Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." — Mark 6:50 (NIV) 




In today’s reading, we learn more on the subject of belief. Faith. Faith is always a strong topic in our lives, in so many different situations. Very often, we will find ourselves in situations where our path in life seems impossible.
 
While very often we say that we would let God take the wheel, sometimes we still remain to our earthly senses. Just like the disciples, when they saw Jesus walking on water. We’re very often afraid to let God take command, and leave matters to Him, and Him alone. Jesus said to his apostles: ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid’. Then he climbed to the boat with them, and the wind died down. Back then, the disciples were truly afraid, because they thought Jesus was a ghost, but after his words, they were truly amazed.

There are many moments in our lives that with prayers, and patience alone, we can find many answers amidst the storm that is in our lives. I could speak mostly on one account in my life, where I had been doubting God’s plan, but in reality, He had something better prepared for me. All I needed is to have more faith, and to believe more. There was a time in my life where I tried to get pass the exams in the Netherlands to get into a prestigious university there. And although I was very well instructed, it never seemed that I’d get the score to pass. I was unable to do the exercises, even if when at home, later on I’d be able to do them. 

Truth to be told, my life had a big twist, because in the end, I ended up in Poland, learning what I wanted to study. God truly had a plan for me, but He didn’t want me to be in that city I was before. Still, I am thankful to Him for what He has given to me. Deo Gratias.



Reflection on Mark 6:47-56 by Cristobal Alvarez  
(Listen to the Podcast here)

No comments:

Post a Comment