Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Omnia possum (Phil. 4:13).

 


Saint Paul writes in his letter: „I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance.”

Do I know how to live in whatever situation? To work stationary, and to work remotely? To live in community, and to live in isolation? To pray with others, and to pray alone? To travel and meet people, and to stay at home? To be healthy, and to be sick?

In this time of the pandemic, we often find ourselves in new situations. Circumstances and restrictions are changing all the time. Sometimes it’s hard to accept, to adjust, to live in uncertainty. Especially when I focus on what I don’t have, what I cannot do. It is much easier when I focus on the positive things, on the possibilities that every new situation offers me.

Sometimes it’s still not enough. Sometimes I just cannot. Sometimes the problems seem to be bigger than me and I feel weak and helpless.

Where is the secret of Saint Paul that enables him to be happy in whatever situation? (Phil. 4:12). „I have the strength for everything through Him who empowers me” (Phil. 4:13). The secret is in Him. He is the One who empowers me. He is with me in every situation. He gives me what I really need. I just need to perceive and accept it. I can go through everything if I don’t rely on myself but on Him. He can give me strength. He can give me peace and joy. In whatever situation. He promised it: „My God will fully supply whatever you need, In accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:19).

By Sr. Veronika Gaál SSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment