Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lumen fidei (Pope Francis).

Humanity renounced the search for a great light, Truth itself, in order to be content with smaller lights which illumine the fleeting moment yet prove incapable of showing the way. Yet in the absense of light everything becomes confused; it is impossible to tell good from evel, or the road to our destination from other roads which take us in endless circles, going nowhere.

Jesus Christ is the Truth himself. Therefore, I am looking forward to his Truth which enlightens my reason. For I cannot find the right path through my life apart from his divine light. On my own I become easily confused and am not able to know what is right. So I need his support to recognize the things which are good for me and dismiss those which are wrong.     

No comments:

Post a Comment