You were dead through the trespasses and sins in which you once lived, following the course of this world, following the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work among those who are disobedient (Ephesians 2:1-2).
Reflecting on the pastoral writings of St. Paul in Ephesians 2:1-10, I’m reminded that apart from the mercy & grace of God, I was destined to die in my sins. St Paul summed up his theology of God’s Grace in verses 8-10: For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are what he has made us, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be our way of life.
My only right response to the infinitely wonderful grace & mercy shown to me is a heart full of gratitude, expressed through this familiar hymn: Give Thanks (With a Grateful Heart)
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One (to the Holy One)
Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
And now let the weak say, “I am strong”
Let the poor say, “I am rich (I am rich)
Because of what the Lord has done for us”
Give thanks.
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/Bk_7wUR2Wdg?si=dVoNjz6eVGx-Kz3J
Author: Henry Smith © Copyright 1978 by Integrity's Hosanna! Music.
Reflection on Ephesians 2:1-10 by Chris Tan

No comments:
Post a Comment